Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's Not Technically "Volunteering..."

Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon!... But it's close.

In order to be more charitable, I thought I would work on raising some money for some charities in 2011. The first charity being the Junior Achievement's (JA) Bowlathon.

JA's mission is to inspire and prepare young people to embrace free enterprise and succeed in a global economy. JA's vital K-12th grade business curriculum comes alive when volunteers lead students through innovative and hands-on lesson plans. These volunteers serve as invaluable role models by helping students to understand the important role that education plays in their future success. Learn more at http://www.jacolorado.org/

As some of you may remember, I've been involved in this charity before. In 2007, I agreed to raffle off the right to cut my hair using the raised fund to donate to Junior Achievement. As you can see, it was a semi-big sacrifice as I had to keep the hair style through the weekend and that Monday at work. When the dust settled, we raised over $700! In hindsight, well worth the embaressment. I'm looking to match or beat that number this time around... hint hint, wink wink... By the way more pictures from this haircut can be seen on facebook or by clicking here.
Before...


... During...


...After.

By supporting the JA Bowl-A-Thon, you are directly impacting the lives of local students by empowering them to own their future success. So why not donate a dollar or five (the website does accept $1 donations)... Use the link below to donate or, if you prefer, check out my facebook page (since I'm sure I'll have a number of links posted there). We will be raising money until March 31st, 2011.

https://fundraising.intelis.com/jarm/?A=144557

Thank you for your time! Hope you're doing great and to hear from you soon!

Clint

No comments: