Sunday, October 28, 2007

Special Thanks to the 2007 National League Champions...

Congrats on a great season Rockies!

... It's been a couple hours now since the National League Champion Colorado Rockies were swept in the World Series against the Boston Red Sox. Yeah, I'm bummed about it, but, the more I think about it, the more I realize the postive aspects of the whole month of "Roctober". Let me help point those out now:

- As many of you might know, I have not been a huge baseball fan... ever. I never really understood the game. Thanks to the Rox current amazing hot streak, I've learned a lot about the game of baseball that I didn't know. The strategy of pitching and the bull pin, the strategy of hitting the ball in the right spot, changes with the line up, even the fact that bats can break and do, often, in games.

- I don't know how many of you missed this one, but it was funny. The one time in a long time that Colorado looked to have a downer in sports, the Rox picked it up. The Rapids, Outlawz, and Mammoth are done for the year, The Nuggets, 14ers, Rage, Eagles, and the Avs haven't started yet, CSU, CU, and Air Force haven't been in the news much, and the Bronco's weren't doing much to make us happy, so the Rox decided to win 21 out of 22 games in the last two months of the season. That was nice of them, wasn't it?

- You know, I kinda liked Manny Remerez before the MLB Post Season... that all changed. He's an arrogant jerk who only looks out for himself. The opposite is also true. I though Ortiz was lame, but now I kinda like him since he seems like a team player vs. an individual. I'm also not a fan of the Red Sox more so now. What the hell is with the bull pin baggin' on the rail all time? Annoying... It's also kinda frustrating knowing that 4 of the Red Sox players are paid more than the entire Rockies team... The Yankees make me feel a little bit better about this though (Good call on opting out of your contract A-Rod).

- The Rockies organization actually taught the world something: How NOT to handle ticket sales. I hope the whole world looks at the two day debogle caused by the CR Org and learns from it so the 2 half days of little productivity doesn't happen again. I really hope the Rox learned from this, because I'm sure they're will be a seond time...

-... And finally, with the above said, I look forward to another great season from this young team that should be feared this year since they have the necessary post season experiance to be successful.

So congratulation Colorado Rockies! May this just be the beginning! Best of luck in the upcomming seasons!

And as for all of you, hope you're all doing great and loving life!

Clint

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.